In 1990, Navy SEAL Mike Noell short-roped down from a helicopter onto Iraqi soil. What happened next almost cost him his life. It also spurred him to build a brand that teaches a critical brand lesson: focus.
When Noell hit the ground, a shoulder strap on backpack loaded with sixty pounds of gear failed and the backpack heaved backward. The pack was poorly made: not reinforced adequately for SEAL duty. The tipping backpack pulled Noell off balance and he fell to the ground. When his face touched dirt he found himself staring at a “Bouncing Betty” mine from a distance of ten inches. Mike and his team were in a minefield. If he’d fallen a foot further in that direction, Mike and his SEAL team would have died – all because of a poorly designed backpack. Mike vowed that if he survived he’d build a better backpack. In 1993, after he’d left the Navy, Mike got his chance. He started building heavy-duty products in his garage and selling them to the SEAL teams. He called his company Blackhawk
Today Blackhawk is one of the most respect brands in the tactical industry. Blackhawk Warrior Wear Desert Ops Boots… fast, lightweight and known for their ultra-comfort. Long-wearing, water-friendly, breathable, all kinds of great stuff for comfort performance
- Lightweight, breathable, water resistant CORDURA panels and abrasion-resistant suede upper for rugged durability
- Vibram “Multisport” oil-resistant TC4+ compound outsole has large, open lugs for traversing debris and provides excellent traction on irregular surfaces
- Fully gusseted tongue prevents debris from entering boot
- Toe reinforcements and extra layer of suede in heel provide abrasion and scuff resistance
- Steel shank provides additional support when under load of full pack
- Dri-Lex inner lining wicks away moisture and dries quickly
- Washable, antimicrobial, custommolded OrthoLite footbed provides quick-drying, breathable cushion that is highly abrasion resistant and will not break down or lose effectiveness over time
- High-abrasion-resistant, non-woven “back counter” reinforcement lines inside of heel
- Desert Tan complies with U.S. Army regulations
Where Can I Buy The Blackhawk Warrior Wear Desert Ops Boots?
From the USA you can buy from here:Blackhawk Warrior Wear Desert Ops Boots
From the UK you can buy from here: Blackhawk Warrior Wear Desert Ops Boots