Launched in Autumn/Winter 2014 the Inov-8 Race Ultra 290 is the first shoe that Inov-8 have designed specifically for the ultra running community. With increased levels of protection and underfoot cushioning, the Inov-8 Race Ultra 290 is perfect for running endless miles, be that in training or races.
So impressed were Runner’s World UK that they awarded it the maximum 10/10 in the test, writing: ‘Our tester (who clocked up 220 miles over four runs) could not find even the smallest of quibbles with the RACE ULTRA 290, which offered a perfect blend of durability, stability and comfort.
It chewed up the miles, the fact it was lightweight was a great asset when tiredness set in, the fit was excellent, and the support was superb. Top marks’.
Utilising GORE-TEX product technology and the new GORE flex construction, the Race Ultra 290 GTX delivers the optimal combination of natural movement and flexibility with climate comfort and protection from the elements. This ensures feet remain comfortable and dry throughout even the wettest ultra run.
Inov-8 has partnered with Gore to develop inov-8’s most flexible athletic GORE-TEX® footwear ever. Leveraging innovative construction and material solutions, the Race Ultra 270 GTX provides the optimal combination of natural movement and flexibility with climate comfort and protection, so you can keep running
The Inov-8 Race Ultra 290 utilises a flatter outsole which encourages a more stable ride, even when fatigue begins to set in, and form starts to suffer. 2-Arrow Shock Zone technology delivers superior cushioning and therefore comfort, even over longer distances.
The Race Ultra 290 features an X-STATIC footbed, which eliminates the bacteria that feed on sweat, thereby reducing odour as well as stopping debris from entering the shoe. A mesh lining allows air to permeate the shoe and the feet to stay dry and comfortable.
The Tri-C endurance outsole uses three different rubber compounds that deliver a balanced blend of traction and durability and cushioning, meaning you can cope with the repetitive impact of ultra-running.
The Race Ultra 290 features a heel to toe drop of 8mm, which is lower than that of traditional running shoes. The multi-finger polymer Meta-Shank aligns with own metatarsal heads to accommodate natural foot movements and enhance underfoot impact protection.
The fit of the Race Ultra 290 is generous, resulting in increased comfort even when your foot has swollen during long-distance races; the shoes upper has been carefully designed to minimise friction and enhance spring.
Despite the enhanced cushioning and other features of the Race Ultra 290, the shoe still manages to remain incredibly light, with a men’s UK size eight weighing in at just 290 grams, making the Race Ultra 290 the perfect shoe for the long-distance runner seeking protection, comfort and agility in equal measure.
Inov-8 Race Ultra 290 Features:
- GORE-TEX – Provides the optimal combination of natural movement and flexibility with climate comfort and protection.
- Anti-Friction Upper – Delivers superb comfort and reduced irritation.
- Mesh Upper – Promotes healthy airflow throughout, keeping your feet cool and dry.
- 2-Arrow Shock Zone – Offers superior cushioning and support.
- X-STATIC Footbed – Eliminates bacteria and odour while preventing debris from entering the shoe.
- Comfortable Fit – Provides excellent comfort and more importantly, preserves it as the foot swells and contracts during the rigours of distance running.
- Tri-C Endurance Outsole – A tripartite of rubber compounds delivers superb traction on a number of surfaces.
- Flat Outsole – Delivers a stable ride even when fatigue has set in during a long-distance race.
- Meta-Shank – Aligns each metatarsal head for a natural foot position and superb underfoot impact protection.
- Weight – 290 grams (UK 8).
- 8mm Heel-to-Toe Drop – Lower than that of traditional shoes, promoting a more natural gait.
WHERE CAN I BUY THE Inov-8 Race Ultra 290 Running Shoes?
The following retailer stocks this product: Inov-8 Race Ultra 290